We’re energized by the sun! Are you? The core of the Monolith Family is our team of passionate, creative, and friendly consultants, engineers, installers, accountants, and technicians united by a singular dedication to the transformative potential of solar energy. We believe we’re changing the world and we’re always looking for bold innovators to join our cause. Are you the right fit for any of these positions?
Monolith Solar is currently looking for:
- Solar Installation Crew Members
- Office Personnel
However we are expanding quickly, so apply for any sort of office job you think may fit, including accountants, maintenance and more. Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, the policy of Monolith Solar to be an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with this policy, the company will continue to recruit, hire, train and promote into all job levels the most qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, or genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Similarly, all other personnel matters such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, company-sponsored training, education, tuition assistance and social and recreational programs will continue to be administered in accordance with the company’s policy. All employment decisions are based on job related standards and comply with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
We are searching for a electricians to grow and lead our solar installation team. Become a member of one of the largest and fastest growing solar energy company in New York State. We are looking for a passionate, diligent and dedicated team player capable of contributing at the highest level of solar electrical installation at Monolith Solar Associates.
The ideal candidate will employ their electrical skills to construct, troubleshoot, repair and service residential and commercial photovoltaic systems.
- Complete site surveys for new projects
- Develop electrical material take-offs for AC & DC solar installations
- Assist with the procurement of electrical supplies
- Install conduit, inverters, communications cabling and energy monitoring equipment
- Troubleshoot, service and replace inverters, modules and wiring (AC & DC)
- Interface with Utility companies and building departments
- Periodically complete job cost and estimating
- Assist in the selection and hiring of 3rd party electrical contractors
- Perform commissioning of new solar arrays
The ideal candidate will have 5-10 years field experience as a commercial/industrial electrician. Solar installation experience working with inverters, modules and combiner boxes is preferred by not required. A two-year electrical occupational degree or equivalent will be weighted heavily during the evaluation process. Effective communication skills (written and verbal) and computer skills are necessary.
Solar Installation Crew Member
Monolith Solar is looking for highly motivated team players to install grid-tied photovoltaic systems. Installer(s) will ensure accurate installation of solar arrays, systems and support equipment according to the objectives of the crew Foreman. Electrical and/or solar backgrounds are desired, but not required.
- Layout and assembly of solar modules/array and mounting hardware
- Mechanical /structural mounting of racking, modules, and electrical equipment
- Electrical wiring of system/solar array (AC/DC)
- Complete paperwork/documentation as required
- Job site cleanup
- Attend mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology, and safety
- Additional duties as required
- Represent the company in a professional manner
Applicants must be willing and able to:
- Lift 50lbs
- Work in extreme environments (heat, cold, confined spaces, attics, etc.)
- Climb ladders, stairs, work on rooftops
- Work on your feet for extended periods of time
- Follow instruction and produce quality work within approved guidelines
- Thrive in a team environment
- Valid driver license issued by state of residence, and own reliable transportation
- Valid OSHA 10 (construction) certification
- Basic computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Solar Sales Consultant
Goals And Responsibilities
- Actively develop leads and close sales
- Deliver top-notch customer service and consistent communication
- Generate solar proposals, estimates and contract/solar program documentation
- Log all client information and progress in CRM
- Assist in business and sales development activities to continually encourage innovation and company growth
- Desire to be part of a fast-growing, reputable and enthusiastic clean energy firm
- Must be ambitious, energetic and positive
- Diligent attention to detail with communication and writing skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapid change
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
Compensation And Benefits
- Salary and commissions
- Medical, dental and 401K plan offerings
Solar PV Engineer/Designer
Monolith Solar is looking to hire a solar PV Engineer.
- Design of grid-tied and battery-backup residential and commercial PV systems
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or related field